2017 Year End Thoughts
The turn of the calendar poses a great time to reflect back on the lessons learned over the prior 12 months.
2017 proved to be a year filled to the brim with new experiences and insights gained. This is likely to be expected when you start out on a new venture and are exposed to the ups and downs that come along with the journey. Moments of extreme fulfillment were followed by moments of high stress on a rather repeating cycle. But in the end, this has culminated into one of the most rewarding years of my life.
Here are some lessons learned during this adventure:
- Golden opportunities are hidden within doubt and worry. By shifting focus off of the problem and towards an improved outcome, doubt gets eliminated quickly and is very soon replaced with excitement.
- Aligning one's convictions with one's actions does awesome things for the soul. I finally got to speak with people this year unfiltered and about all the financial tools and topics I truly believe in. The result? Much better peace of mind... and sleep!
- Keeping an open mind keeps you in balance. My wife and I were fortunate enough to be able to travel to Scandinavia this year, and it was incredible. You can read about my major takeaway here, but it was just another reminder that the world is full of learning, ideas and lessons; and we are never more wrong than when we think that we have it all figured out.
- There will always be uncertainty. If you are holding off from doing something you truly want to do based on worrisome events happening in the world, you will be infinitely paralyzed.
- Growth happens on the outskirts of the bell curve. Placing yourself in uncomfortable situations will provide much more personal development and opportunity than simply going with the flow.
Cheers! Here's to another illuminating and prosperous New Year.